Vaping co-pilot causes plane to plunge 20,000 feet
NEW YORK POST:
A clumsy co-pilot caused an Air China plane to plunge nearly 20,000 feet midair when he pulled the wrong switch while trying to shut off an air recycling system — so he could vape in the cockpit.
The airhead aviator was soaring from Hong Kong to the northeastern Chinese city of Dalian in a Boeing 737 jet Tuesday when he tried to stop vapor from his e-cigarette from wafting into the passenger cabin, according to CNN.
Instead, the wingman accidentally triggered a drop in oxygen levels, prompting an altitude warning that caused the nearly fatal plunge — from 32,800 to 13,100 feet in less than nine minutes, Civil Aviation Administration of China officials told the station.